James Cameron promises acting won't be overshadowed by technology in 'Avatar': Sam Worthington

Albert
featured image

Actor Sam Worthington says he was skeptical about bowing to James Cameron’s vision of Avatar, which would rely heavily on motion capture technology to create characters in 2009’s epic sci-fi film.

In “Avatar,” Worthington played paraplegic US Marine Jake Sully. Sally is transported to the fictional moon Pandora on a special mission, but finds herself torn between following his orders and protecting the world she feels is her home.

The film was not only a social commentary on the environment, but also introduced cinemagoers to unforgettable visuals through special effects. It also starred Zoe Saldana, Sigourney Weaver, Stephen Lang and Michelle Rodriguez.

Cameron described motion capture technology as “the next level of make-up,” recalls Worthington.

“Jim[Cameron]has always promised me that even if you get big and blue, it’s still you. It’s technology and performance capture. He said it’s next level makeup. And I was always a little worried that the subtleties you could perform wouldn’t translate.

But the essence of the performance came through the “volume” or motion capture stage, he added.

“I remember Sigourney Blue and Zoe Blue and myself being Blue, and you know, it was us. Every pore, every detail. Whatever has been translated from our performance volume has kept its essence.

“It was true. And that was the promise he made to me, and it came out. That detail of our actions is not hidden. It was just there. And that’s what happened.” is the essence of what I see,” said Worthington.

Set in 2154, Avatar explored how humans established a colony on Pandora, home to lush forests, giant beasts, and its native community, Nabi.

Weaver is proud to be a part of films like ‘Avatar’.

The Hollywood veteran recalled seeing the movie on the big screen 12 years ago and said he was amazed to see Cameron use 3D to tell his story so effectively.

“What impressed me was the use of 3D, which was so effective that it felt like Jake was in the same room when he had to make a decision, or Neythiri (Sardana) was in the woods. I felt like I was in the same place when I was traveling.

“With the emotional scenes with humans and the world of Pandora, I removed all the barriers between me and the world.

The 72-year-old actor, who essays Dr. Grace Augustine on the film, hopes the film will inspire more girls to become scientists.

“Jim showed the world, the audience, and my character an entire universe of this new flora and fauna, navi, even seemingly impossible things like floating mountains, and the incredible science behind it.” I gave

“I was very proud to be part of science. It’s giving me new ways, and if I could inspire more girls to become women scientists instead of smokers, I could have redeemed something.

The film, now remastered in 4K High Dynamic Range format, will be re-released in English in India by 20th Century Studio India on 23rd September.

Arrives three months before the long-awaited sequel, Avatar: Path of Water, is released on December 16th.

Worthington, Saldana, Weaver, and Lang play their respective roles in Avatar: Path of Water.

Vin Diesel and Kate Winslet, Cliff Curtis, Michelle Yeoh, Jemaine Clement, Oona Chaplin and David Thewlis, who co-starred with Cameron in the 1997 hit Titanic, also round out the cast for the sequel.

(This article is not edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

Tags