Elden Ring Twitch Streamer's Drawing Tablet Run is ridiculous

Albert
featured image

Twitch streamer Luality's jaw basically falls to the floor after backstabbing and killing a Limgrave knight.

another day another elden ring challenge run. Since FromSoftware’s blockbuster Soulslike released on his February 25th, Tarnished has approached the game in some pretty ridiculous ways around the world. but, hit with one hand When play the harp Twitch streamer Luality recently took it to a whole new level by trying to finish elden ring with a drawing tablet.

You may have heard of Luality.Brazilian content creator who primarily plays Soulslikes convulsions When Youtube, Luality has challenged itself to beat these difficult games in a truly insane way.For example, back in 2018, she ran through dark souls 3 with dance dance revolution Dance Pad, beat the tough boss Northern Valley Dancer When nameless king While sweating like a storm.she later hid everything elden ringvillain with dance pada feat that brought her a lot of attention Showed up at the Intel booth at PAX WestYou can imagine how upset I was to see Luality do this. Fromsoft games keep kicking my ass, so here she is, embodying boss after boss with a dance pad like nothing else.

So when I stumble Luarity trampling Godric the Graft with a drawing tablet while scrolling elden ring subreddit, I fell to the floor and needed to know more. How did your setup work? Was it hard to play with the drawing tablet, or more specifically than the dance pad? I had the opportunity to chat with Luality in a DM on Twitter.

FROM SOFTWARE / RUARITY

Perhaps the most confusing part of running is how it all works. Luality explained that they use both PC and PS5 (via PlayStation Remote Play) for streaming. elden ring to her Wacom Cintiq Pro 13 tablet.Things aren’t perfect, she said, but with the help of her community, she puts something together. She did well enough to defeat the stupid Tree Sentinel All Tarnished await at the beginning of Limgrave.

“I came up with this idea two weeks ago. I asked some friends to help me, and in three days I had a barely working prototype,” says Luality. “Then I went to PAX West. elden ring Live at the Intel booth! It was amazing! As soon as I got home, I kept working on running my tablet. Now we are nearing perfection. This run is supported above all by my hopes and dreams! We use five different programs that were never meant to work together to make this possible. But slowly adjusting things and making things more stable was a lot of fun, especially when the runs started to take shape and bosses to beat. ! ”

If you’ve seen clips of Luality, you’ll notice her drawing strokes on the tablet screen to perform in-game actions like attacking (straight lines) and jumping (triangles). Some commands were cumbersome. For example, camera control was impossible in this setup, so she gave up on it entirely and relied solely on the “reset camera” command. Accuracy is not possible here, and according to Luality, execution was “incredibly difficult and frustrating,” but perfectly doable.

“Both dance pads and drawing tablets are not reliable controllers and have their challenges, but this tablet is better than the dance pad,” said Luality. “A lot of places they are lumped together as equally bad. With a tablet I can’t hold the keys, I have to keep drawing, sometimes I can walk diagonally with a tablet, but if I’m using a pen, I can choose a direction You have to do it otherwise you’ll get overwhelmed with typing It makes me laugh when I talk about this I love how this barely works it makes it more fun and special for me They will help you.”

What she’s a little more aware of while running this challenge is how her body feels when she’s playing.

“My wrist is fine,” Luarity said. “My hands sometimes get a little sore in the position where I have to hold the tablet, but we’re working on fixing that, so it’s not a long-term problem! I damaged a tendon, but now I’m mostly fine!”

FROM SOFTWARE / RUARITY

Of course, this isn’t Luality’s first excursion elden ringI can’t say how many games I’ve won, but I’m “too stubborn” to give up now, so I’m going to end it with a drawing tablet. But she talked about the hardest part of her run so far. Perhaps surprisingly, I roamed the Lands Between with Tarnished. At first it consisted of drawing lines to initiate movement, but like controlling the camera, it became too cumbersome. Instead, Luality has overlaid a virtual keyboard dedicated to character movement, streamlining the work a bit.

Setting up the software is a work in progress, so Luality does not share the programs they use to make this possible. However, she did shout out to the community several times for helping see through it.

“I’m not doing this alone either,” Luarity said. “People in my community have helped me. They have always helped me a lot. , because it was always a group effort. Useful for troubleshooting. It will help you grasp the details. They help me try different things. They support me financially, so I can afford to take the time and buy the materials I need to do them.”

I love her community, Luality. She can feel the camaraderie as she watches her stream. Not only does she offer healthy relationship advice (sample: Respect yourself and don’t put up with bullshit), but every time you achieve something, it’s helping you defeat a formidable opponent or jump off a cliff. Give a digital high five whenever you survive a big fall. It’s so healthy, especially since she has Stream with her bunnyHowever, it didn’t make me less stressed, and seeing her repeatedly hit by her boss made me sweat.

So what’s next for Luality? elden ring With a drawing tablet—she’s halfway through the game. Latest Twitch Streams, currently fighting Rennala Queen of the Full Moon and Starscourge Radahn. She’s also conjured up some other seriously ridiculous challenges for FromSoftware’s latest Soulslike.

“I’ve been playing FromSoftware games in weird ways for years,” says Luality. “I often think about running and come up with weird ideas. I have a piano concert coming up soon. Most things are ready.” [on that front]! ”

Tags