Children are the greatest blessing and pure entertainment

Albert
featured image

My 3 year old son loves to argue with me. he really anything. He once had a tantrum on the way home from the store because I wouldn’t let him drive.It doesn’t matter that he’s 3 years old or that his foot can’t reach the accelerator or brake. He claims to be 37 now because the fewer people older than him, the happier he looks. I’ve never heard of anyone doing that until now. He was a baby even Jesus.

My wife said he was in high school when the lady at the store asked him his age recently.

My 5 year old son randomly came up to me the other day and asked if he would get all my money when I died. I didn’t have the heart to tell them there was nothing to worry about at this moment in his life. I asked The correct answer is about the fall of mankind, but my wife said that’s a great question to ask God Himself, she said, “You’re going to die first, so can you ask him?” she quipped.

My wife and I are due to have our third baby boy in October and are a little nervous about the weight of responsibility and work. I haven’t always done my best job as a parent, but I’ve never lacked love for my children. I was. How can you do less for your child? I can’t imagine my life without them and I always pray for the parents who lost their children.

The John Locke Foundation says it envisions a state with strong families. After all, a healthy society needs a strong family.

“Family is the source of all spiritual and moral influence,” declared Frederick Douglass, a well-known abolitionist.

Claiming a free society without a strong family is pointless.It’s like riding a motorcycle without a helmet and preaching safety.

If families are in turmoil, it automatically means more centralized power in the state. Weak families increase their dependence on government. That’s why statisticians and Marxists love to tear families apart. It tears apart the greatest barrier between individuals and nations. As the moral character of the family declines, so does our political climate.

“The family is mankind’s natural defense against utopianism,” declared American Enterprise Institute scholar Michael Novak (1933-2017).

I appreciate my children every day. I can’t understand a society that can throw away the lives of innocent people among us. A child is the greatest blessing you can receive, and above all, it can only be an inconvenience when you focus on yourself.

The home is where children receive their greatest moral education and where their parents are sanctified.I am a better person today because of my children. I am continually learning how to model grace and forgiveness. You can look at the parable of the prodigal son in a new way. On top of that, I am constantly entertained and laughing at all the absurdities of every day.

As a society, we cannot move beyond the most basic social structure of a healthy community and nation, the family. Relying on markets and constitutions is not enough to secure our freedoms and rights.

Rebirth to a truly healthy society begins and ends with the family. We must never forget this simple truth when we see families under attack every day by forces hungry for destruction.

Ray Nothstine is an opinion editor for the Carolina Journal and a Second Amendment Fellow for the John Locke Foundation.